Street Sex Workers
SWOP Sussex (Sex Worker’s Outreach Project) is for women who live or sex work in Sussex.
We offer free, confidential and non-judgemental information and support.
Get support and advice
You can contact us by phone, text, email or Whatsapp for:
· brief advice or information
· regular 1:1 support with a keyworker
We can offer face to face appointments:
· 9.30-5pm at Oasis Project
· Outreach appointments to home, hostel, temporary accommodation, café .
· We are able to offer day time or evening outreach appointments.
Mel Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9.30-5pm or Wednesday 2-9pm 07801 376158
If you are worried about confidentiality, click here for more information.
We have been supporting sex workers for 20 years and understand the many different reasons that women sex work.
We know that sex work is different for everyone. We see everyone as an individual.
You can use our service whether:
- You plan to continue sex work
- You are unhappy about your situation and want to make changes.
What does SWOP Sussex offer?
Our professional, friendly female staff offer brief advice AND regular 1:1 support.
- Sexual Health
- Safety & National Ugly Mugs
- Law and your rights
- Health & wellbeing
- Migrant Sex Workers
- Trans Sex Workers
- Making changes (in work or outside work)
If you are Brighton& Hove based, you can order free postal condoms (pack of 12) directly from Terrence Higgins Trust to a Brighton & Hove Postcode Brighton condoms | Terrence Higgins Trust (tht.org.uk)
If you are in any other area of East Sussex you can order postal condoms from here: East Sussex Sexual Health | East Sussex Healthcare
If you need help with ordering, or:
- a larger number of condoms
- a selection of different condoms,
- lubricant pumps
- advice or information
please contact us.
Get support or advice.
Contact us for support, advice or further information.
We can offer outreach in Brighton & Hove to your home, your work space or café up until 9pm on a Wednesday evening. Contact us if you would like to find out more about this service.
· Our outreach service offers free condoms and lube, chlamydia and gonorrhoea self-testing, as well as advice and information about safety and wellbeing. Our workers can also offer support if you need it.
· This service is also available during 9.30-5pm on other days.
Please contact us via our webform to leave a message if you would like an appointment to be called back after 5pm.