Indoor & Online Sex Workers
SWOP Sussex is a sex workers’ outreach project for women who live or work in the sex industry in Sussex. Our service is trans inclusive.
Migrant sex workers.
SWOP is here to support you, regardless of your immigration status.
We offer a free & confidential services to women of all nationalities.
Our service is open to women, trans women and trans and non-binary people who work in the sex industry as women.
We are aware of the many reasons that women come to the UK to sex work. We also know that many migrant sex workers may be vulnerable to harassment, abuse, and violence.
- Non judgemental information about sex working in the UK, including the law on sex work, policing and sex working etiquette.
- Information on sexual health and safety at work in different languages.
- We can arrange for interpreters if required.
- Referrals and support to access immigration and EU settlement information & advice.
- Support to access sexual health screening and healthcare (including making and booking appointments).
- We are here to offer support if you are the victim of crime at work (such as robbery, harassment, violence, abuse).
- Help to find English classes (including free or low-cost options).
- Support if you are not happy with your work or home situation or if you feel you are in a situation that is not safe.
Remember that you can use sexual health clinics for free in the UK, regardless of your immigration status. You will not be asked for your passport or I.D.
If you would like help support or need an interpreter please contact us.
- Healthwatch: Have information on your rights if you have problems getting a GP (family doctor).
- Our FLASH HIV self-test kits for sex industry workers are free, confidential and can be ordered online (from anywhere in UK). More information on our FLASH service is available in:
In an Emergency:
Dial 999 for Police, ambulance or fire service.
- Say which service you need.
- State what town / street you are in.
- Follow instructions.
For non- emergency calls to the police:
- Dial 101 (you may contact us for support with this)
- Or you can email email@example.com